Assisted by: Heath Hewett
• where to meet - DMV at Peak Exit 97
• when to meet - 8AM 10/22. Expect to be back in Columbia by 8PM.
• skills required - Solid roll, class 3 experience (e.g. comfortable running FB9, Pigeon, Ocoee, etc)
• gear required/suggested - winter gear, the gorge is always 10 degrees colder than surrounding areas.
• other useful info - We will pay for a shuttle at the Nolichucky Gorge Campground, each shuttle car requires $20 cash. Individuals not wishing to caravan with us from Columbia can meet at us this campground at roughly 11AM. We will have lunch on the river and potentially stop for dinner at Rocky's Hot Chicken on the way back if time allows. Depending on the skill level of those that sign up, we will look for water levels between 1,000 and 1,500 CFS. If below 1,000, we will look for alternate rivers, most likely French Broad Section 9.